jamica question posée dans Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · Il y a 1 mois

Where does morality come from?

Everyone has their own ideas of right and wrong. I know it’s mostly taught, but I think some of it’s instinctual. What do you think?

9 réponses

Pertinence
  • Il y a 4 semaines

Everybody starts out with God-given conscience.

• Anonyme
    Il y a 1 mois

Nature and nurture, genetics and social upbringing.

Proverbs 21:2 KJV — Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD inspects the hearts.

Almost 8 billion souls so how can they all be right?

• Il y a 1 mois

Humans are born with a little Christ in them. As one digest Gospel, ignoring epistles and other junk food, Christ grows to the point of conversion and one can be called Christ as Jesus was.

• Il y a 1 mois

You told it yourself: it's INSTINCTUAL!

• Que pensez-vous des réponses? Vous pouvez ouvrir une session pour attribuer un vote à la réponse.
  • thesun
    Lv 6
    Il y a 1 mois

!00% instinctive..it evolved over thousand of generations, nature selected appropriate survival strategies to be passed on genetically,   those with inappropriate survival strategies are now extinct..

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    Il y a 1 mois

We know that we wouldn't like it if someone stole from us.  We didn't pop onto the Earth as an adult -- as we're growing up, we realize that our friends mostly feel the same way.

Do you really have to think deeply about this?

It's been expressed as The Golden Rule, but if you think it originally came from the Bible then you are mistaken.

• Il y a 1 mois

Yeah, I think it's instinctive to some extent. Mutual benevolence among the members of a species probably contributes to its survival.

• Il y a 1 mois

If it's objective they must come from a law giver. If they are subjective then nothing is truly wrong. 

Vous avez encore des questions? Obtenez des réponses en posant vos questions maintenant.